onsdag 12. mars 2014

*Adverbs



Last week we focused on adjectives, and we worked on detecting verbs and nouns in sentences. We even stumbled upon some adverbs. This week we will look more closely at adverbs:

An adverb describes a verb. It tells you how an action happened.

Ex: I walked slowly.

Adverbs can also say something about when and where something happens.

Ex: I'll do my homework tomorrow.

Read more about adverbs in Key English at p. 197 and try to explain what an adverb is. Write down five sentences where you use adverbs. Then do the task below:

TASK ADVERBS/ADJECTIVES
Complete the sentences with the correct words. Write down full sentences in your notebook and explain if the word you have chosen is either an adjective or an adverb (remember: adjectives describe nouns).
early       fluent           good        hard         slowly        well

1 Can you speak more , please?
2 How do you know Oxford?
3 I like her and I think she's a very teacher.
4 He speaks French, German, and Spanish.
5 I'm tired. Let's go to bed tonight.
6 I worked really to pass my exams.
This is homework for 8EF for Tuesday 18th of March - and bring Key English to class!
This is homework for 8CD for Wednesday 19th of March - and bring Key English to class!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar